4 large racks of un-smoked pork belly ribs
for the bbq marinade:
1 cup peach chutney
½ cup soya sauce
¼ cup sweet soya sauce
¼ cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard
1 tablespoon honey
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
juice of 1 lemon
½ cup water
½ cup KLIPDRIFT GOLD brandy
- Preheat the oven to 160̊C.
- Blend together the ingredients for the marinade.
- Place the ribs in a deep roasting tray and pour the marinade over them. Cover tightly with tin foil. Slow braise in the oven for 3 hours.
- Drain the sauce off the ribs and place in a small saucepan. Reduce the sauce on a medium heat until it is the consistency of runny syrup.
- When it is time to braai the ribs, baste them with the reduced sauce and braai them on a hot bbq for about 8 minutes on either side. Make sure to baste them as you go along.
- When they are nicely cooked and caramelized, take them off the heat and serve them with the extra sauce.
If you are using this marinade without the braising element, replace the water with olive oil.