pear wrapped in black forest ham with brie
4 pears, each cored and cut into 10 wedged slices
2 lemons, zest and juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 red chili, chopped
200g sliced black forest ham
120g ripe brie cheese/gorgonzola
20g wild rocket
a grill pan
- In a bowl, mix the pear slices with the chili, lemon and olive oil.
- Place the grill pan on the stove and heat until smoking hot. Grill the pears carefully on both sides, gently using a pair of tongs to turn them over. Put pear aside to cool.
- Slice the brie into squares and halve the slices of ham, lengthways.
- Place a slice of ham vertically on the chopping board. Lay a leaf of rocket on the ham, in the same direction. Place a slice of grilled pear horizontally on top of this, in the middle of the ham. Place the brie on the pear and roll up.
- Serve at room temperature.