a stunning canape idea!
These little babies are my most popular canape. They look like they take hours to make, but are absolutely simple and beyond delicious. I serve them at room temperature so they can be plated in advance if you are expecting guests. Try them.
Roasted tomato and goat’s cheese tartlets
Makes 24 mini tartlets
1 roll frozen puff pastry, de-frosted
3 onions, finely sliced
3 tablespoons sticky brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper
200g goat’s cheese
50g basil pesto
12 rosa tomatoes
2 mini muffin strays
- Preheat the oven to 200̊C.
- Grease the muffin tray well.
- Cut the rosa tomatoes in half, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Place the onion, sugar, butter and balsamic in a small sauce pan and cook on a medium heat on the stove until the onions are soft and golden.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface and cut out circles. Line the inside of each muffin tray cup with the puff pastry. Fill with a teaspoon of the onion mix and a teaspoon of goat’s cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly and top with half a teaspoon of basil pesto and a roasted tomato.