This is a lovely salad to do in winter. It can be served warm or cold and is wonderfully filling. The colors are really beautiful and the salad is altogether quite impressive.
sticky pork, beetroot and butternut salad
sticky orange pork fillet, sliced onto roasted butternut and beetroot with a sweet and sour sauce
2 pork fillets, trimmed
½ cup oyster sauce
¼ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup honey
juice and zest of 1 orange
¼ cup sweet soya sauce
1 butternut, cut into wedges
3 stalks of rosemary
6 beetroots, trimmed and cut into wedges
olive oil, salt and pepper for roasting
2 oranges, filleted
- Preheat the oven to 200̊C.
- Place the beetroot on a roasting tray, drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper, cover with tin foil and roast for 30 minutes. Remove the tin foil and roast for a further 30 minutes.
- Place the butternut on a separate roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the rosemary and roast for about 45 minutes until soft.
- Mix together the oyster sauce, vinegar, honey, orange juice and soya sauce. Coat the pork fillet.
- Sear the fillet in a pan until browned on all sides and place on a baking tray. Pour the remaining sauce over the meat. Roast for 8 – 12 minutes, until cooked.
- Lay the beetroot, butternut and orange on a platter with some wild rocket, slice the pork fillet about 1cm thick and lay on top of the salad. Drizzle any extra marinade over the salad. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.